More Rumbles

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Thunder crashes and rumbles in the skies.
Listen! It's God raising his voice!

Job 26:11 (MSG)





Isaiah 66:5-6 (MSG)
5 But listen to what God has to say to you who reverently respond to his Word: "Your own families hate you and turn you out because of me. They taunt you, 'Let us see God's glory! If God's so great, why aren't you happy?' But they're the ones who are going to end up shamed."
6 Rumbles of thunder from the city! A voice out of the Temple! God's voice, handing out judgment to his enemies:


Job 37:1-5 (NIV)
1 "At this my heart pounds
and leaps from its place.
2 Listen! Listen to the roar of his voice,
to the rumbling that comes from his mouth.
3 He unleashes his lightning beneath the whole heaven
and sends it to the ends of the earth.
4 After that comes the sound of his roar;
he thunders with his majestic voice.
When his voice resounds,
he holds nothing back.
5 God's voice thunders in marvelous ways;
he does great things beyond our understanding.


Ezek 3:10-12 (NIV)
10 And he said to me, "Son of man, listen carefully and take to heart all the words I speak to you. 11 Go now to your countrymen in exile and speak to them. Say to them, 'This is what the Sovereign LORD says,' whether they listen or fail to listen."
12 Then the Spirit lifted me up, and I heard behind me a loud rumbling sound--
May the glory of the LORD be praised in his dwelling place!


Psalms 68:33
There he is: Sky-Rider,striding the ancient skies.Listen--
he's calling in thunder,rumbling, rolling thunder.

2 comments:

hisbelovedlizc said...

This mornings message was powerful! I almost don't even have the words to describe the excitement! (Hey, I DON'T have the words - LOL!)
Go God go!

Unknown said...

Awesome Tommy, thanks for those scriptures!!