She was born there

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Psalms 87:6 (NIV)
6
The LORD will write in the register of the peoples:
"This one was born in Zion."

"Zion" can refer to several things. Jerusalem, raised up, heavenly city, church of God, people of God are a few things it can mean. All of these references have one thing in common: they all have a special place in God's heart and belong to him. That is where God chooses to dwell.

Being that I want to celebrate my wife's birthday but this is a devotional blog, I will thank God for one of the things I'm most grateful for. I'm grateful to have been given a wife of whom it can be said, "This one was born in Zion." This can be said of her for several reasons: First, her parents had recently given their lives to Jesus before she was born so she was born into a home belonging to God. Second, she had an open heart for the Lord ever since she was a child and allowed herself to be a special place for God to dwell. And finally, she continues to allow herself to be raised up by God and loves God more than anything and anyone making herself a pleasing habitation for the Lord.

I love you Keri. Happy Birthday. Continue being a symbol of Zion.

1 comments:

Keri said...

I've never been part of a devotional before :) Thanks honey!! I love you!!!