Prison Testimony - Fasting

Monday, January 24, 2011


Many people may know that it's becoming more common for churches to start each new year with a 21 day fast. What you may not know is that the prisoners have joined with the rest of the body of Christ during this years fast.

Anyway, as I was preparing to minister on Sunday morning, a prisoner came up to me with so much excitement that he had a hard time expressing himself. He said, "Chaplain, I just want to thank you so much for teaching us and asking us to fast. You have no idea what God was been doing in my life. Man, I've had dreams and direction from God but I can't even get to that right now. I just have to let you know something else that happened. I was reading the Word and I felt like I should write some scriptures down and give it to another brother. When I did, the other brother had already written down the exact same scriptures. Right after that, we both got with another brother who's sister was diagnosed with cancer. We touched and agreed and it wasn't even a week and a half later that we got a message from her saying that she is cancer free!"

Praise Jesus!

5 comments:

lori bunk said...

that's amazing! praise God!!

hisbelovedlizc said...

Glory to God! That is an awesome testimony! In the words of our favorite church Secretary, "Go God!"

Jaimie said...

so exciting!!! God is good!!!

Kathy said...

God never ceases to amaze me. Praise God for all He is doing with the prisoners.

mantleministries said...

God is always too small in our eyes. He never ceases to amaze me. Glory and Honor and praise be to Him forever. So exciting to hear about His moving in the prisons.